We The Kings France Index du Forum

We The Kings France
Forum de la Street Team Francaise de We The Kings

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[16.03.09] Old School Sunday.....errr *Someday

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    We The Kings France Index du Forum -> We The Kings -> Travis Clark -> Blog de Travis
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
s0phiex
Administrateur

Poissons (20fev-20mar)

MessagePosté le: Dim 29 Mar 2009 - 20:52    Sujet du message: [16.03.09] Old School Sunday.....errr *Someday Répondre en citant

TRADUCTION A VENIR,J'AI LA FLEMME CE SOIR x)

Ok, sorry about missing old school Sunday but here is a story a day late:

So some of you might know that I’ve been playing music for awhile now and I wanted to tell you about my first show ever.

I was a sophomore in high school when I received a flyer on my desk in 4th period student council. ”Manatee High School Talent Show,” the flyer read. I remember being intrigued from the first moment I laid my eyes on this yellow piece of construction paper. The flyer continued, “Sign up Today! Any Singers, Dancers, Bands, Magicians, or people with talent.” This was it! My chance to show the world that I could play music!! I remember saying I had to go to the bathroom just to leave class so I could tell the rest of the guys about it. I knew Billy (who was our guitarist at the time, you might know him from seeing him at the WTK shows doing lights) had English 4th period so I ran into his class and told him about the show. The teacher didn’t approve of me constantly interrupting the class so I was quickly kicked out but Billy’s last words were “let’s do it!” We went home and set up the band gear in my parents garage and practiced for hours on a few songs. At the end of the week we were ready.

The days went by like nothing and before I knew it, it was here, SHOWTIME! I remember being super nervous (keep in mind that I still get nervous before shows we play now, so this being my first show was like a borderline heart attack). I didn’t think that there would be too many people there but when I peeked through the curtain I saw that the auditorium was filled to the brim. Not one more person could have fit in. I found out that you could pay $1 in order to get out of class and see the talent show so the auditorium which seated 800 was holding somewhere closer to 1200. The announcer came on….”Now for this next talent act, I bring you a band who is going to show off their skills and play you their song ‘Hey Coach, I don’t Care’ here they are.” From this moment on I completely blacked out. Seconds felt like years. I faintly remember the curtain knocking over my mic stand as it opened and me having to pick it back up before we played. The crowd was quiet but ready for what was about to happen. We started playing the song and from what I remember people were kind of into it. I had the lyrics printed out on a sheet of paper on a music stand right in front of me just in case I forgot them (this was due to how nervous I was). We played the song that was announced then quickly went into a second song which we weren’t supposed to do… This was my idea because one of my best friends Mark Rudacille earlier that year had a girlfriend who’s parents walked in on them making out and started screaming and yelling at him. I wrote a song about it called “Did She See Us” and he dared me to play it because he knew both of them would be there haha. We played it and by that time everyone knew what the song was about so there was laughter mixed with chaos. If I remember correctly the lyrics were “Did she see us, did she know what we did, did she see us, where was your mom? Did she see us, did she know what we did, did she see us, all night long.” Hahaha I loved the days of being influenced by Blink 182! Anyways we didn’t win the talent show because we went over our allowed time but it was clear who stole the show Wink The next day at school people asked where they could buy our CD, we didn’t have one at the time so I told the rest of the guys “Hey, let’s start recording our songs and making CD’s.” Now here I am.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 29 Mar 2009 - 20:52    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    We The Kings France Index du Forum -> We The Kings -> Travis Clark -> Blog de Travis Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation