We The Kings France Index du Forum

We The Kings France
Forum de la Street Team Francaise de We The Kings

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[12.04.09] The Game of the Century!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    We The Kings France Index du Forum -> We The Kings -> Travis Clark -> Blog de Travis
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
s0phiex
Administrateur

Poissons (20fev-20mar)

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Juin 2009 - 20:20    Sujet du message: [12.04.09] The Game of the Century! Répondre en citant

Avant toute chose, JOYEUSES PAQUES TOUT LE MONDE!!!
Ensuite,la tournée en ce moment commence à devenir folle & hors de contrôle...mais dans le bon sens!

Troisièmenet,c'est OLD SCHOOL SUNDAY!
Quatrièmement,je n'ai pas loupé OLD SCHOOL SUNDAY!!!
Dans celui de cette semaine,je voulais vous parler d'un des moments les plus athlétiques de ma vie :

J'avais 12 ans,je jouais dans une petite ligue de baseball pour une équipe dans laquelle je n'avais franchement jamais été.Ma position : 3ème base.
Mon surnom,''La poussière''.Jouer au baseball était une de ces choses que j'adorais faire en étant gosse,sauf que je n'étais pas bon du tout.

SUITE LATER.

I played the role of the person on the team who would sneak out of the dugout just to buy everybody snickers candy bars and medium suicide drinks….you remember the drink where you pour every single fountain soda flavors into one cup and pretend that it tastes really awesome even though it’s terrible. I was never the MVP, until one moment changed the way everybody looked at me.

It was a breezy, spring, Wednesday night. I had been looking forward to that night’s game all week, promoting it to all of my friends as the game of the century! That night was when we faced the unbeatable Trevor Fair and his team…yes, the same Trevor Fair as our current Tour Manager Wink Tfair was the best in the league, he played every position, had more homeruns then any other player, and was a fierce competitor. We as a team had practiced long and hard for this game as we knew his team would be ready for us!

I remember throwing the ball in the infield, warming up, staring at the other team like they were my sworn enemy. I looked at Tfair and smiled with a vote of confidence that said, “yeah, we are friends outside of the game…but tonight…there will be NO mercy!”

The game started off with both teams putting runs on the scoreboard. First us, then them, back to us, then them again. Back and forth through 8 innings when it came down to the last and final chance to hold on to our lead. It was the bottom of the 9th, Tfair’s team trailed 6 to 7. I was in ready position, standing about 5 paces away from the 3rd base bag with my weight on my toes, balancing for whatever might come my way. Tfair approached the plate, at this point, it felt exactly like the movie ‘Rookie of the Year’ when the kid faces the huge, mean looking dude. Anyways, Tfair stepped up to the plate ready to hit his 2nd homerun of the game. Nervousness overcame our bodies, sweat dripped from the brim of our hats, loud sounds of cheering were instantly muffled by the intensity of the situation.

It was a 3 ball, 2 strike count, with 2 outs on the board. There were runners on 2nd and 3rd bases. Any hit could drive those 2 runs in for an instant win. Our team took a deep breath as our pitcher wound up and threw the deciding pitch. Slow motion took effect as the sound of Tfair’s bat crushing the ball pierced through the ballpark. The ball was coming my way, just over my head, at about 75 miles per hour. I closed my eyes and stuck my arm out as far as I could toward the sky. I felt the ball hit my glove and, almost like a gravitational force, pull me on my back to the ground. The crowd was silent, I peeked through my fingers which were covering my eyes and saw that the ball was laying in my glove. I sat up, took the ball out of my glove and showed it to the umpire. ”YOURRRRREEEE OUT!!” the umpire wailed in Tfair’s direction. The crowd went crazy and the entire team ran over to where I was sitting and doggy piled on top of me. I caught the ball and won the game for our team!!! It was the first time in my entire life that I felt like I was good at sports! After the game we celebrated our victory at Hungry Howies with all you could eat pizza! The coach stood up and said, “here’s to tonight’s victory!” as he raised his cup of soda, “and, to the most amazing catch I’ve ever seen as a coach!” He pointed at me and the restaurant roared with excitement!

It was truly one of the greatest moments of my life. They even made me a plaque at the end of the season that said: Travis Clark “the vacuum” and under outstanding moments it said, “Robbing Trevor Fair of a clean triple and winning the game!”

-THE END

Daily Advice:

Give someone a hug, it’s Easter!

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Juin 2009 - 20:20    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    We The Kings France Index du Forum -> We The Kings -> Travis Clark -> Blog de Travis Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation